Is everyone ready to link up with their New Years Now Goals and resolutions?
Tara is here today to tell us her Goals and Resolutions.
Don't forget to add your link at the end!
If 88% of New Years Resolutions fail, why even set them? Well first things first. We need to set goals, which are different then resolutions. The second reason is that on average people gain between 7-10 pound during the holiday season (which is typically from American Thanksgiving through until New Years Day). If you start now with some small, sexy goals you will minimize packing on those holiday pounds and be miles ahead of where you would be if you actually waited until New Years Day!
A firm decision to do or not to do something.
Goal setting involves establishing specific, measurable and time-targeted objectives.
Hopefully you can see the difference already! Today is Monday November 19th. Which is exactly 6 weeks away from New Years Day. From now until December 31st you will be able to link up or comment on this blog, your own New Years Now Goals (not resolutions), so we can stay on track and hold each other accountable.
My bloggin' gangsta girl Nikki who blogs over at My Life My Way and I are super pumped to get this partaaay started. I am sharing my goals here with you today! I need motivation and support and together we can achieve our goals and celebrate our successes! Don't forget to tweet about your progress using the hashtag #HappyNewYearNow and follow Nikki (@frogginainteasy) and I (@TaraGusmanis) on Twitter.
To help you get started, here are my Top 5 Goal Setting Tips to help you set some really wicked, achievable, inspiring, hug-worthy goals:
1. When it’s written down it becomes real.
2. Write down short and long term goals-but don’t stop there. For each goal you have, you MUST write a few action items (or process goals) in order to help action your goals and keep you on track.
3. Write them down in the present tense. I am as opposed to I want to.
4. Stick with the positives as opposed to the negatives. Remember you bring about what you think about.
5. Share them! Your friends and family want to know. Maybe they can help you. Don’t be shy.
Need a recap? Ok!
Monday November 19th is New Years Day.
Create a post and link up sharing your 'Happy New Year NOW' goals are.
Don't wait until January 1st. Start now.
Tweet or Instagram using the hashtag #happynewyearnow
Lastly, these do not, I repeat do NOT have to be fitness goals, they can be any kind of goals, personal, professional, spiritual...anything goes! Maybe you could pick one of each...
Here we go!
I will complete a Sprint Triathlon in Muskoka on Sunday June 23, 2013
1. Swim 1-2 times per month
2. Buy a bike!
3. Find at least one other person to train and compete with me (complete this by Jan 1st)
I will learn how to prepare homemade sushi
1. Find a friend who wants to learn too!
2. Register for a sushi cooking class
3. Invite friends and family over for sushi and saki
I will research and complete a yoga instructor certification/training in 2013
1. Ask a couple of yogi's that I adore about their certification and training requirements
2. I will continue to practice yoga one per week to continue to build my strength and flexibility
3. I will begin to save $50 bi-weekly starting December 1st to pay for the training
1. I will ignore and leave behind anyone or anything that doesn't make me happy or feel good inside
2. I will be on my game and be a positive FORCE to other people in my life
3. Choose Happiness. Encourage others. Find the bright side!
Now it's time to get to work!
Are you with us? You can grab our 'Happy New Year Now" button for your blog too and let all of your readers know that you are fired up and focussed and on a mission to make this holiday season your most successful yet!
Ready? Set? Goals!